Senior Biodynamic Gardener22nd December 2023
Livestock Manager – Waltham Place Farm23rd January 2024
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated interns to join our team in March 2024. Our internship will allow you to be part of every aspect of growing amazing vegetables using some exciting methods.
We are a certified organic market garden based in South Shropshire supplying top-quality vegetables to London restaurants and locally. We are embarking on an exciting composting project in 2024 as well as expanding our growing to field scale using machinery. We grow a massively diverse range of vegetables, with a focus of fantastic flavour and quality and great soil health. We make our own amendments, use covercrops and mulching and lots of other exciting methods to achieve success. We started our biodynamic journey in 2023.
We offer the following:
- A fantastic learning opportunity with hands-on experience of all aspects of market gardening.
- Hands-on management of perennial flower beds, cut flowers, vegetables and fruit trees, polytunnel and greenhouse management and using small farm/growing machinery.
- You will be a part of every process, establishing new no-dig beds, composting, sowing, pricking out, planting, propagating, seed saving, pruning, watering, harvesting, flower arranging and packing.
- A monthly collaborative study day covering some of the theory behind growing, soil health and market gardening. We’ll also use these days as a chance to reflect on how we can improve our working methods at Linley.
What we are looking for:
Experience is great, but a willingness to learn, self-motivation and curiosity is far more important. The day-to-day jobs can be repetitive, and you’ll need to be fit and able to cope with working in all weathers. You’ll need to have a positive attitude, and be happy to work within our small team doing both the exciting and the mundane tasks. Linley is in a very rural area, so a driver’s license will make your life much easier!
- Internships run from the start of March to the end of November
- 35-40 hours a week, rotation of weekend watering/picking shifts
- Accommodation near/on the farm
- A weekly stipend
To apply, email email@example.com