Ruskin Mill Trust successfully provides innovative and integrated specialist day and residential provision for young people (16-25) who need focused expertise and practical solutions to engage fully in their lives.
Assistant Farm Manager
£24,455 – £26,577 per annum – 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Starting salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience
• Relocation allowance considered
• Accommodation connected to the role of Assistant Farm Manager
• 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays, rising to 30 plus 8 bank holidays with service
• Extensive training and research opportunities
An exciting opportunity has become available to run the livestock and field work aspect of Vale Head Farm, a 34 acre (14ha) mixed biodynamic farm in rural South Staffs. The role includes working part of the week with young people (16 – 22yrs old) with special needs, who come to learn and work as part of their Practical Skills Therapeutic Education (PSTE) programme at Glasshouse College, Stourbridge, an independent specialist college run by Ruskin Mill Trust.
We are looking for a skilled, organised and motivated person, with experience of working in farming & livestock care. Ideally, the candidate will also have some experience of management and working with groups with differing needs, to bring to our innovative learning environment.
The role offers a great opportunity to the right candidate:
• a rural outdoor working and living setting with a wide diversity of colleagues;
• running the livestock and grassland aspect of the farm, including taking care of our Shetland cattle, dairy goats and laying hens using organic/biodynamic methods;
• teaching skills and sharing experience with students, trainees and college staff;
• the chance to work with the farm & college leadership to further develop the provision.
Closing date: Midday, Monday 17th September 2018
To request an application pack, please visit our website www.rmt.org/jobs. Completed application packs should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or to The Human Resources Department, c/o Glasshouse College, Wollaston, Stourbridge, DY8 4HF Tel: 01384 399 403
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Ruskin Mill Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.