The Ruskin Mill Trust operates a series of colleges and care provisions which provide an innovative and experiential education for young people and adults with special learning needs, developed out of the inspiration of Rudolf Steiner, William Morris and John Ruskin. Clervaux in Croft-on-Tees, works to provide care and a daytime provision focused on practical skills activities which work holistically to promote independence and living skills. Applications are invited for the following post that will be based in Croft-On-Tees.
Biodynamic Assistant Grower – Clervaux – Ruskin Mill Trust
40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year –
Grade 4 which is a payable salary of £16,350 – £17,515
(Dependent on qualifications and experience)
The primary responsibility of this role is to work with the Biodynamic Land Coordinator to support the production of biodynamic produce while maintaining the aesthetic of the land at Clervaux’s Clow Beck site. The produce is then used as part of catering at the Clow Beck site, the food made at the Clervaux Café in Darlington and sold as part of produce stall which operates from the café.
As a result, the post holder should also expect to,
• To work the land and provide animal care/husbandry using biodynamic principles and methods.
• Promote the Trust’s biodynamic vision, operation and social enterprise opportunities as well as the trusts Seed to Table curriculum.
• Work as part of a team with horticultural trainees, volunteers and service users on work experience. Co-ordinating their work as and when the Land Co-ordinator requires.
• To assist in running, replenishing and promoting the produce stall at the café. Carrying out deliveries of produce to customers as required by the Land Coordinator.
To undertake this position successfully you will have:
• Some experience working as a biodynamic practitioner, or have a strong desire to strengthen existing knowledge of biodynamic principles by taking part in Ruskin Mill Trust’s Biodynamic Ecology Training programme.
• Proven experience of growing produce for commercial sale, preferably within a biodynamic context.
• Experience of working alongside learners with learning difficulties and/or learning disabilities and challenging behaviour is desirable.
• A full driving licence.
• A flexible approach to work is necessary as the weekly work pattern will vary depending on the season and the needs of the land.
To find out more about the Trust, please visit our website www.rmt.org
To find out more about Biodynamic principles please see www.biodynamic.org.uk
Please note that applications should be returned to the HR team in Sheffield but the role is working at based the Clow Beck Eco Centre, Jolby lane, Croft-on-Tees, Darlington, DL2 2TF.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 17th August 2018
Ruskin Mill Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (previously known as a CRB Disclosure). The Trust is committed to becoming an equal opportunities employer.
To download an application pack, please visit our website selecting “The Trust” http://www.rmt.org/jobs or contact Tracey Marshall; firstname.lastname@example.org or 0114 252 5978.