Job opportunity – Grower Common Soil community farm, Stroud To start January 20246th October 2023
Head Grower Position17th October 2023
Permanent, part time – 0.6FT – potential for increasing this.
Salary: £36-£40K full time equivalent, depending on experience
BDA Certification is unique among UK accredited Organic certification bodies in that we certify to both Organic and Demeter (Biodynamic) food and farming standards.
UK organic agriculture is at a turning point and this role provides an excellent opportunity to be involved with other UK certification bodies, Defra, the Biodynamic Federation Demeter International and the wider sector of regenerative and sustainable food to develop a better future for us all.
Purpose of Job
- Lead and support the team of Certification staff and self-employed inspectors in maintaining certification compliance.
- Uphold and maintain Certification Scheme standards.
- Represent the BDA as an external spokesperson on biodynamic agriculture and processing, Demeter standards and BDA Certification organic programmes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for biodynamic and organic agriculture, horticulture and food processing gained from practical and academic experience.
- Demonstrable experience of leading, coaching and motivating a team to achieve successful performance outcomes.
- Experience or knowledge of Quality Assurance.
- Suitable level of financial and IT skills required to formulate and oversee the BDA Certification budgets and develop the activity.
Our successful candidate will be able to provide the leadership for a small team of office staff and self-employed inspectors, relish the detail of certification, have great attention for quality management and the ability to ensure that the principles that inspire our licensees inform all aspects of certification.
We pride ourselves on being a small team committed to building personal, long-lasting relationships with our licensees alongside providing a professional and responsive certification service. At the heart of it all, we are motivated by the same biodynamic and organic principles as our licensees.
Are you interested in the position but do not meet all the qualifications? We are committed to diversity and authenticity and welcome applications from people who are looking to change career or have had unusual career paths.
For more on organic and biodynamic food and farming, please consult our website www.bdcertification.org.uk/.
To apply for this position, please submit a CV and expression of interest to Richard Thornton Smith (chair of board) firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions please contact Margaret McGair on email@example.com or call 01453 766296.
Applications close on 7 November 2023; interviews will be held shortly thereafter.