We are seeking a hands on person with a strong mix of Communications and IT skills to be responsible for the day-to-day communications and managing parts of our business functions.
Purpose of the job
The post holder will deliver the strategy of communications, marketing and promotion for the Biodynamic Association, its activities and its licensees. This person will work closely with each activity within the organisation.
Title: Biodynamic Association Communications Officer
This position reports to the General Manager and works as part of the BDA team.
Type of contract: Fixed term 24 months, renewable – 30 hours a week on an employed basis, = 0.8FTE.
Exact days and times are negotiable.
The initial induction period will be based in Stroud thereafter a mix of office or home working to can be agreed.
Objectives of the position
- Supporting creation and delivery of communication and marketing strategies for the diverse parts of the Biodynamic Association
- Produce clear, consistent, coherent and professional messaging across all communication channels
- Actioning campaigns and materials for the whole organisation and its stakeholders
- Promote Biodynamic Association’s Biodynamic, organic and Demeter trademarks
- Delivering marketing activities, materials and event support, coordinating presentations and events of all types
- Plan and prepare communications and marketing activates required to achieve the organisation’s strategy and annual plan
- Manage and maintain websites, diverse social media channels and printed materials
- Develop and carry brand positioning strategy
- Coordinate and produce Newsletters
- Develop and organise promotional events and activities
- Coordinate, operate and develop the web shop
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication, listening, interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent IT skills including website and social media expertise
- Understanding of / interest in biodynamic methods / Knowledge of organic food and farming sector or similar
- A good team player, coordinator and self organiser
- Up to speed with current online marketing techniques and best practices, web analytics an advantage.
- Interested to learn and develop with the organisation
Deadline for applications: 23 May 2022 – interviews 25 May – job to start as soon as possible – send CV and expression of interest to: email@example.com
Salary: around £25,000 (FTE equivalent) dependent on experience