An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Corbenic Community as a Therapeutic Workshop Leader in the Garden Team. Corbenic is a dynamic community providing support for people with learning disabilities and is situated in a beautiful location near Dunkeld.
The Garden Team comprises two groups, each led by a workshop leader and covering a range of tasks including production of quality produce (fruit, vegetables and flowers), and the ongoing development and maintenance of landscaped areas around the workshops and residential properties.
In Corbenic mutual respect and concern for the dignity of each person are actively fostered. Individuals are encouraged to contribute as much as possible to the life of the Community. Residents and Day Participants work side by side with voluntary co-workers from around the world and an experienced staff team.
As a community we place a high value on the environment, working to meet organic and bio-dynamic standards to ensure that land is cared for in the most environmentally conscious way.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate will have:
• Good horticultural knowledge and gardening experience, preferably with related gardening qualifications.
• Experience in providing care and support to people with learning disabilities, preferably with qualifications in this area.
• Experience in leading teams to complete garden projects to a high standard.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively lead a team.
• Willingness to work in a team.
• Willingness to work to organic & bio-dynamic standards.
• Willingness to participate in training relevant to the post.
• Willingness to work under their own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility for their role.
Salary – £ 23,774 per annum
Hours – 40hrs/week, Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Closing Date – Wednesday 19th June 2019
(Interviews will be held week beginning 24th June)