Venue: Tablehurst Biodynamic Farm, London Rd, Forest Row RH18 5DP
When:: Wednesday 18th October 2017; 10am – 4pm
Cost: £75 or £60 for BDA Members and Licensees – including refreshments and lunch
Led by biodynamic farmer and former Director of the Biodynamic Association , this farmer -to -farmer workshop for farmers and growers is an opportunity to explore how to create high humus soils and long lasting fertility , and adapt these methods to your own situation. Based on on-going trials and practical experience gained at Tablehurst Farm in East Sussex, it includes practical demonstrations and a tour of the farm.
Topics covered include:
· Practical know -how of successfully adapting rotavators to minimum tillage
· How to overcome the challenge of removing pasture without ploughing or using glyphosate ?
· How do we best return the field to an arable crop with least loss of nutrients and structure ?
· Compost making, and demonstration of Tablehurst’s new state of the art compost turner.
· Mob grazing in practice : how successful is it in building soil fertility ?
· Multi species cover crops : what can it deliver ?
You can book your place online here:
Normal Rate Ticket £75
BDA Members or Licensees Rate £60
Or contact the BDA Office and book over the phone Tel: 01453 759501 ( Office Hours 9-1 Mon to Fri) or Email us: email@example.com
Interesting Articles relating to this workshop witten by Peter Brown
Farming with cover crops and pasture to create high humus soils with the help of a rotovator
The importance of how we graze our cattle and sheep – a look at Mob grazing
Working with the soil – Inspired by the work of Friedrich Wenz