Head Grower Position17th October 2023
Farm Tutor – Gable’s Farm, Ruskin Mill College18th October 2023
Linley is a mixed organic regenerative farming estate in south Shropshire. We are looking for an experienced full-time grower to join our team ASAP.
With a 2.5-acre walled garden and a newly-started field-scale area, Linley Farm delivers high-quality vegetables, fruit and flowers to some of the best London restaurants. We work closely with the team on the rest of the farm and at our associate pub, The Bridges.
We are looking for a second grower to be an integral part of the team. Working collaboratively with the head-grower, you’ll need to be efficient and have an excellent work ethic. We work with interns, so ideally you’ll play an active role in the teaching element of their stay. We are aiming to start running short courses, so taking part in those would be a bonus.
Day-to-day duties will include all aspects of growing, from harvesting, packing, weeding, seeding, maintenance, seed saving and paperwork. You’ll be expected to assist with sales, composting and work on both short and long-term planning with the rest of the team.
You’ll need to have an eye for detail and be consistent, this role would suit someone who is a self-starter and ambitious. Innovative ideas and approaches will be welcomed.
- Clean driving license
- Relevant visas to work in UK
- Experience driving tractors/farm machinery a bonus
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good computer/spreadsheet skills
- Able to work on your own or with a team
- Experience managing people
- At least three years’ practical experience
- A good understanding of organic methods, ideally of biodynamic methods
- Working days are Monday to Friday, with summertime weekend rotas for watering duty (time in lieu for this).
- 7.45am – 4pm (during hot weather we start earlier)
- Salary between £24,000 and £26,000 depending on experience
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com