We are an organic market garden based in a 4.5–acre walled garden. We are part of a large, diversified regenerative organic mixed farm. We supply vegetables, fruit and flowers locally and to select London restaurants.
We practice no–dig methods focussing on soil health and composting, making our own amendments, compost teas and experimenting with ways to manage soil health and growing. We grow for flavour and health above all else, and we produce a huge variety of interesting and unusual crops.
We seek enthusiastic, industrious and self–motivated interns with a good–natured and positive attitude to become part of our small field team. Experience is always welcome but a willingness to learn and adapt is more important. Clear communication in English is helpful, as is a driving licence.
We are offering:
• A fantastic learning opportunity with hands–on experience of all aspects of market gardening.
• Management of perennial flower beds, annual cut flowers, vegetables, soft fruit and fruit trees, polytunnel and greenhouse management and using small farm/growing machinery.
• You will be a part of every process, establishing new no–dig beds, composting, sowing, pricking out, planting, propagating, seed saving, pruning,
watering, picking and packing.
• Internships run from the beginning of March to the end of October
• 35–40 hours a week, rotation of weekend watering/picking shifts
• Accommodation six miles from the farm
• Some produce and groceries for preparing meals in kitchenette
• A shared vehicle
• A stipend
To apply, please send your C.V. and a letter of interest by email to: email@example.com