The power of reconnecting with yourself, your food and nature to create channge8th November 2023
Biodynamic Association Certification Manager – Full Time10th November 2023
Ruskin Mill College provides innovative and experiential education and training for young people marginalised by disadvantage, exclusion or special learning needs. Inspired by Rudolf Steiner, William Morris and John Ruskin, the college actively promotes, through craftsmanship and entrepreneurship, the traditional economic activities of the Cotswolds.
Learning Assistant – Fish Farm
Salary Range: £21,680.96 – £26,867.02
40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
An opportunity has become available to join Ruskin Mill College, Ruskin Mill Trust, as part of the committed team
focusing on the holistic needs of the students. This role is challenging and rewarding. We are looking for people
with great character and a desire to make a positive impact on young people’s lives, and to provide students with
support and guidance to help them engage in timetabled sessions safely and appropriately.
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Assistant to offer specific and specialist educational support to the Fish
FarmTutor in the delivery of a therapeutic education programme to a number of students using methods in line
with the Trust’s principles.
• To assist and work closely with the Fish Farm Tutor/Manager in session to progress students towards their short, medium and long term outcomes;
• To assist the Fish Farm Tutor in planning sessions to differentiate for the range of students under the tutor’s remit in order to progress each student educationally as well as to mitigate safeguarding risk;
• To follow the Fish farm Tutor instructions in relation to planned activities;
• To assist the Fish Farm Tutor in feeding into the data capture and assessment process behind student progression;
• To communicate consistently, openly and frequently with relevant parties in helping students to progress educationally towards their targets
Working at Ruskin Mill College is rewarding and in return, we offer competitive salaries, with
progression in pay once qualified, and a private pension scheme. In addition, staff receive:
• A comprehensive induction, an excellent personal development plan and extensive training to include
Autism, Attachment, Emotional Resilience, Holistic Support, Practical Skills Therapeutic Education (PSTE),
CPI Safety intervention training
• 33-38 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with your length of service with us
• Employee Assistance Support
• A unique location in which to work, with the opportunity to enjoy free organic lunches with the students
during term-time and onsite parking
The post is subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for
both adults and children, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK. Ruskin Mill College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.