2024 INTERNSHIPS, Bishop’s Castle, Shropshire8th January 2024
Land required for biodynamic fashion project… 2-5 acres, max 1.5 hours from London29th January 2024
We have an exciting opportunity for a Livestock Manager to join our team at Waltham Place Farm – Berkshire www.walthamplace.com
Salary: up to £ 32,000 + Family accommodation + Benefits Package
About the role: We’re looking for someone to join our small team and to lead the micro dairy project. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- To manage the micro dairy enterprise
- To oversee the grazing management of cattle, sheep, pigs and chicken
- To adhere to the biodynamic and organic principles of the Estate.
- To ensure that welfare standards for all livestock are kept to the highest standards.
- To ensure that all data recording is kept up to date and to the highest standard.
- To ensure all machinery and equipment is maintained to the highest standard.
- To make a positive contribution to the overall performance of the farm.
Due to the nature of your role, you are required to work flexibly, including weekends.
This is a fulfilling role where the right candidate will be recognised for his/her contributions to the team and the estate.
We are looking for someone with the below characteristics:
- Previous livestock management experience necessary
- Previous experience in obtaining organic and biodynamic certification necessary
- Previous experience of running a micro dairy necessary
- Previous experience of raw milk licensing necessary
- Organisational & Management skills
- Biodynamic knowledge
- Able to demonstrate implementing high welfare standards
- Team player
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Positive attitude
- Full drivers’ licence
- Accomodation on site
- 26 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Etc.
Please email cover letter and CV to André Tranquilini : firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description available on request