Statement from the Biodynamic Association regarding the Seed Co-operative going into Administration21st August 2023
Assistant-Grower needed at Fern Verrow….29th August 2023
We are seeking a talented and experienced Private Chef to join our Estate Team. The Estate is undergoing a major transformation and food is at the very heart. In 2022, 4,500 acres of the Estate went into organic conversion and we are in the process of reinstating the 18-acre kitchen garden and orchard in the Park; there is much being done.
We are looking for an experienced chef to be a part of this exciting journey and provide valuable input from a food perspective. The ambition is for 100% of the food that we are eating to be sourced from the Estate.
As a Private Chef, you will be responsible for planning and preparing meals for the family, ensuring that they are of the highest quality, healthy and nutritious, utilising produce from the Kitchen Garden and wider Estate and sourcing organic and local ingredients.
The requirements are a 5-day working week managed on a rota basis. Working hours are determined by the diary. The role is based at Althorp, Northampton. NN7 4HQ, but may also require provisioning of food stocks, meals, staff training and occasional visits to other properties owned by Lord and Lady Spencer.
• Designing and creating menus that are simple, healthy and nutritious, that are focussed on ingredients and are aligned with the family’s tastes and dietary requirements.
• Work with the Head Gardener and the garden team to plan propagation, cultivation and use of the kitchen garden produce.
• Preparation and storage of homegrown produce
• Ensure the kitchen stores are stocked to the required level, whilst operating rotation of stocks, date checking and clearly defined separation of produce where required.
• Grocery shopping and stocking the pantry with fresh organic high-quality ingredients.
• Prepare meals or the basis of meals to cover your days off. Ensure handover notes are given to staff who will be serving these meals, or concise heating/serving instructions are provided for the principals.
• Maintaining a high level of cleanliness and organization in the kitchen
• Communicating with the family to gather feedback and adjust the menus, as needed.
• Coordinate with other departments regarding private events and social entertaining. Ensure menu suggestions are written in advance and service plans are agreed according to the location of the dining room.
• Collaborating with other household staff to ensure that all meals and events are coordinated and executed flawlessly.
• At least 5 years of experience working as a Chef in a high-end restaurant or private household.
• A passion for using homegrown produce and an interest in traditional storage and preparation methods, such as preserving, pickling and bottling.
• Proven ability to design and create menus that cater to specific dietary requirements and preferences.
• Ability to manage time effectively and work independently.
• Strong communication skills and a desire and enjoyment to work collaboratively with the family and household and estate staff.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect the privacy of the family.
• Flexible schedule with availability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, benefits package, and a positive work environment. If you are a skilled chef with a passion for creating healthy, delicious meals, we encourage you to apply.
FFI and to apply Email your CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Samara Marshal