Land required for biodynamic fashion project… 2-5 acres, max 1.5 hours from London29th January 2024
Care Home House Coordinator for Tablehurst Farm, East Sussex31st January 2024
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within the UK’s first community-owned dairy cooperative at an exciting time.
Stroud Micro Dairy was set up in 2017 as the UK’s first dairy CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) venture and is now a cooperative with 150 members. We are emerging from a period of financial uncertainty with a new business model, a ton of community support and we’re looking for someone smart and switched on who wants to make a difference to local food and help us realise our potential.
We’re a biodynamic, cow-with-calf dairy passionate about regenerative agriculture and really good food. Details of
our farming values can be found on our website here.
This exciting and varied role involves helping our Dairy Manager and Farm Manager with the running of their areas of responsibility. Your work will be a blend of outdoor farm work including milking, dairy processing, in-person
customer sales and deliveries. You will be expected to work together with other team members, work experience students and volunteers. This role will be a fulltime position for 6 months from April to September and will involve some weekend work.
Salary will be £22,308 per annum pro rata.
● Low-stress handling of livestock, working in our cow-with-calf system.
● Fencing and sundry maintenance tasks.
● Operation of tractor and light machinery.
● Bedding and feeding when required (seasonal).
● Ground preparation and pasture management: rolling, topping, spraying
of biodynamic preparations (seasonal).
● Harvesting of hay (mowing, tedding, hauling).
● Assistance with biodynamic preparations and compost production
● Occasional management of students and volunteers.
● Production of Yoghurt, Kefir and Cheese
● Pasteurisation if necessary
● Stock taking and recording of temperatures in the fridges.
● Cleaning of the milk dispenser and bulk tank.
● Following the cleaning schedule laid out by the dairy manager.
● General tasks such as cleaning and labelling
● Flagging up issues about the effective functioning of the dairy.
● Local deliveries when needed.
● Onsite customer care.
● Participation in market stalls and hot food events selling burgers and sausages according to staff requirements.
Desired skill set
Although there will be on-the-job training given when you start, there is a certain number of skills which we are looking for:
● Livestock handling skills
● The ability to operate tractors and ield equipment.
● The ability to manage one’s own time
● The ability to work both independently and as a team
We will also need you to have:
● Permission to work in the UK
● A clean UK recognised driver licence
Apply with a letter of interest and CV (including 2 references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications deadline 24th February 2024.