Charity Manager – Biodynamic Association21st December 2023
2024 INTERNSHIPS, Bishop’s Castle, Shropshire8th January 2024
Ruskin Mill College is set in 140 acres with a farm, fish farm, two converted mill buildings, woodlands, smoker and workshops. Based Nailsworth the College provides for young people aged 16 to 25 years old.
For over 30 years, Ruskin Mill Trust has provided Specialist Independent Education to children and adults with complex needs including learning difficulties, autistic spectrum conditions and disabilities. Our provisions offer both day and residential placements and applications. Inspired by Aonghus Gordon using the insights of Rudolf Steiner, John Ruskin and William Morris, Ruskin Mill Trust works with hand, head, heart and place to provide students with the tools to transform material and in doing so transform themselves.
Senior Biodynamic Gardener
Salary Range £24,717 – 28,718 per annum subject to experience and qualifications
40 hrs per week, 52 weeks per year
An interesting and diverse opportunity has become available for a pro-active Skilled Gardener to work at various
sites in Stroud and Nailsworth. This opportunity would suit an enthusiastic, self-motivated, friendly, with good
communication skills, and who is happy to work within a team or alone. There might also be some teaching
opportunities of staff and students.
The gardens are in different sites, each with their own specific identity: compromising of an educational
vegetable/herb garden, ornamental garden and a small diverse ornamental/vegetable garden
On occasion you will organise and give guidance on appropriate work for students, staff and volunteers
It will be beneficial if you have:
• Training in Biodynamic Agriculture or willing to attend training and work towards a qualification.
• A horticultural qualification is preferred but not essential and candidates must have a good understanding
of safe working practices, a good knowledge of plants and enjoy working to a high standard
• Experience of working with young people with learning disabilities and who may be less likely to engage
with mainstream educational approaches – Training will be given
• Experience with garden machinery including hedge cutters, mowers, brush cutters would be beneficial
• Well organised and experience of managing a diverse workload and meeting deadlines
You will need to:
• Commute to all three sites (Upper Grange in Stroud, Ruskin Mill in Nailsworth and Field Centre in Horsley)
Working at Ruskin Mill College is rewarding, and in return, we offer competitive salaries, with progression in pay once qualified, and an auto-enrolment pension scheme. In addition, staff receive:
• a comprehensive induction, an excellent personal development plan and extensive training to include Autism,
Attachment, Emotional Resilience, Holistic Support, Practical Skills Therapeutic Education (PSTE), CPI (Physical
• a beautiful outdoor location in which to work and car parking.
A completed application is required for consideration of this role, please visit https://rmt.org/careers/
The post is subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for both adults and children, a medical check, evidence of qualifications and verification of the right to work in the UK. Ruskin Mill College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.