- Our office and webshop remain open for enquiries and orders, albeit with reduced staffing, so orders may take a few days longer to reach you.
- Finding healthy food & drink. Biodynamic and organic producers need your support now, more than ever. Check what's available locally. Use our original webmap (click here - can be slow to load) or our brand new directory for consumers (click here). We will be leaving both up and running for now to be as much help to as many people as possible.
- If you are self-isolating at home, join our online Biodynamic Gardening Club for events and community chat about growing your own (click here). To watch our free box set of five short video about becoming a biodynamic home gardener (click here).
- All physical Biodynamic (Demeter) & Organic Certification inspections are currently suspended. Certificates for 2020 will remain valid, and some remote inspections for licensees are taking place (click here for more).
Social Justice, Equity & Inclusion:
- We commit ourselves to more fully listen, learn and promote social justice, equity and inclusion to make positive change and achieve greater diversity in every way possible in our farming, food and gardening movements (click here for more).
Biodynamics is the world's oldest system of organic growing. An inspirational global movement that promotes a uniquely holistic approach to organic agriculture, gardening, food and health. The term 'organic farming' was first invented to describe biodynamic methods.
Today scientists are discovering that biodynamics is the most effective organic system for carbon storage to tackle climate change (see here) and the best for soil restoration to heal our planet (see here).
Biodynamics is the complete holistic package. Our roots are ecological, ethical, social and spiritual. Our aim is to regenerate the health and vitality of our soils; restore the integrity of our food; and promote the health and wholeness of our communities. For us agriculture is a sacred endeavour, and the foundation for all our well-being. Join us today (click here).
Films about Biodynamics
Our UK Family of Organisations
Biodynamic Association (BDA) - fosters and promotes biodynamic farming and gardening.
Biodynamic Certification (BDA Cert) - the biodynamic certification department of the BDA.
Biodynamic Land Trust (BDLT) - acquires biodynamic land for communities and young farmers & growers.
Biodynamic Agricultural College (BDA college) - our educational college.
Seed Co-operative - breeds and protects open pollinated organic and biodynamic seeds.
Demeter Global Certification
Demeter is the international logo of certified biodynamic food that you will see on packaging in shops and supermarkets, in farm shops, and at farmers' markets selling biodynamic food. It is the world's oldest certification mark, and is your guarantee of high quality food, wine and products farmed and produced to the highest standards. Click on the Demeter logo above to find out more.